The Rewriting the Code Fellowship Program is our flagship program for women undergraduates studying computer science and engineering who are interested in gaining applied experience through potential internships with leading tech companies who partner with Rewriting the Code.
The Rewriting the Code Fellowship is a national program for undergraduate college women interested in careers in tech. This year-long program offers opportunities for coaching, educational programming, industry exploration, networking, and the potential for a summer internship with one of Rewriting the Code’s partner organizations.
Applicants to the fellowship must:
- currently be enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian college or university in pursuit of a bachelors degree
- be entering their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year as an undergraduate student studying a subject that could lead to a career in tech
- identify as female between the ages of 18-24
- produce a resume that clearly showcases experiences and projects that use the technical skills you have obtained in and out of the classroom
In collaboration with the student Fellows, computer science and engineering educators, and leaders of tech companies, we have designed the Fellowship Program to respond to what women in computer science and engineering say they want and need:
- Educational programming that builds upon what they learn in their college courses and helps prepare them for success in their internships
- Leadership training and confidence building programs that directly address their feelings of isolation, imposter syndrome and implicit bias
- Activities and informal interactions that encourage a sense of community and peer support from other young women in tech
- Coaching and mentorship from women and men with professional experience and commitment to helping the next generation of women in tech
- Meaningful interactions with leaders in tech companies to learn about the opportunities, priorities and cultures at different companies
- Real world, applied work experiences such as internships with tech companies
Applications are currently closed.
The 2018 fellowship class is currently in progress. Application for the class of 2019 will open this summer.
RTC membership is open year-round and is free to join. If you are currently a college woman interested in careers in tech, please visit our membership page.