If you are an undergraduate woman pursuing a major that could lead to a career in tech, this program is for you. If you’re ready to gain valuable technical experience, be part of a community, and build relationships that will last a lifetime, then we’d love to hear from you. We want to help you get the experience, support and community you need, while being part of something bigger.
What is the Fellowship?
The Rewriting the Code Fellowship is a year-long program that provides the opportunity to intern in a top tech company across a variety of industries and gain essential personal and confidence-building skills needed to excel in the tech industry. The Rewriting the Code fellowship includes:
- Summer internship opportunities with leading tech companies in the 5 Rewriting the Code hub cities of Boston; New York City; Raleigh-Durham, NC; the San Francisco Bay area; Seattle; and many cities across the US
- Community building among peers through online communities and in-person events
- Coaching and development within a team of Fellows, near peer mentors and experienced leaders
- Robust educational programming and training with industry leaders
- Company site visits and events in Rewriting the Code hub cities throughout the summer
Following the year-long fellowship, students are invited to apply again or, if entering senior year, to graduate to Rewriting the Code alumni. We encourage all of our fellows, present and past, to remain active members of the community, encourage and support young women who come behind them, and help attract, retain and advance women in technology!
Who should apply?
- First, second, or third year undergraduate women in college pursuing fields of study that will provide opportunities to pursue a career in tech
- Women interested and willing to be an active participant in an experience that will help them grow personally and professionally over the next year and beyond
Who are we?
Rewriting the Code is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on recruiting, retaining and advancing women in tech. Our mission is to partner with leading universities to identify talented women in tech helping them gain applied technical skills through internships and essential personal skill enrichment via community-building, coaching, networking and educational programming.
Contact Jade with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org